Acquire Image - can't use document feeder

Technical Support for PaperScan.
LauraLemon

Acquire Image - can't use document feeder

Post by LauraLemon » Thu May 22, 2014 5:50 pm

I am using old technology because we live in a very small space and this printer has a scanner cartridge that doesn't require much space :)
This scanner is a tiny little cartridge which is inserted where the ink cartridge is held in the printer and so requires the option "Acquire page from the document feeder". I have already tried changing Data Source Manager to "Disable Capabilities Detection" and TWAIN 1.9. When I have the box ticked and the TWAIN 1.9 selected then the option to Acquire page from the document feeder is no longer grayed out but when I try to select it the selection just goes back to the flatbed option.

Additional Notes: In order to get the scanner to work at all I worked with a Microsoft technician who was able to change the compatibility mode for the scanner driver to Windows XP SP2. The error message I am getting reads as follows: The necessary file could be missing or damaged, or the settings are incorrect. Reinstall the scanner driver. Scanner will be closed.

Device Reference: Canon IS-12 scanner cartridge on Canon BJC-85 printer. Driver Version: ISscan_v350.exe for Windows.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

Data Source Manager Log:
TEMP %userprofile%\appdata\local\temp
TMP %userprofile%\appdata\local\temp

PaperScan Log: (this is a partial log as the full log was too long to put in this message)

#GdPicture.NET.twain.client Log Start. Version: 705

RC: TWRC_ENDOFLIST
CC: TWCC_SUCCESS
State: 3
-------------------
Start: OpenSource.
RC: TWRC_ENDOFLIST
State: 3
-------------------
::DS operation. DG: DG_CONTROL - DAT: DAT_CAPABILITY - MSG: MSG_SET ->RC: TWRC_SUCCESS
-------------------
Start: SetXferMech.
RC: TWRC_SUCCESS
State: 4
-------------------
::DS operation. DG: DG_CONTROL - DAT: DAT_CAPABILITY - MSG: MSG_SET ->RC: TWRC_SUCCESS
-------------------
End: SetXferMech.
-------------------
End: OpenSource.
-------------------
Start: Set Feeder False.
-------------------
::DS operation. DG: DG_CONTROL - DAT: DAT_CAPABILITY - MSG: MSG_SET ->RC: TWRC_FAILURE CC: TWCC_BADVALUE
-------------------
End Set Feeder.
RC: TWRC_FAILURE
CC: TWCC_BADVALUE
-------------------
::DS operation. DG: DG_CONTROL - DAT: DAT_CAPABILITY - MSG: MSG_GETCURRENT ->RC: TWRC_FAILURE CC: TWCC_CAPUNSUPPORTED
-------------------
Start: LoadCapValuesN.
CC: TWCC_CAPUNSUPPORTED
-------------------
::DS operation. DG: DG_CONTROL - DAT: DAT_CAPABILITY - MSG: MSG_GETCURRENT ->RC: TWRC_FAILURE CC: TWCC_CAPUNSUPPORTED
-------------------
End: LoadCapValuesN.
CC: TWCC_CAPUNSUPPORTED
-------------------
-------------------

Lisa

Re: Acquire Image - can't use document feeder

Post by Lisa » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:58 pm

Hello Laura

First of all, sorry for the delay.
It seems that the driver is causing the problem.
For some reasons, the driver does not behave normally and does not match with the "document feeder option".
I understand that the technician from Microsoft did something but the job does not seem complete as it still does not work properly.
According to me, the best option is to obtain a driver from Canon that is compatible with your operating system.

Please, feel free to ask if you still encounter this issue or have any further questions.

rambleon59

Post by rambleon59 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:31 pm

Thank you Lisa. I have tried with Canon but since the printer/scanner is old school they will not help me. Thank you for your thoughtful reply. :)

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:42 pm

Hello Laura

You are welcome!

I'm really sorry that you couldn't find a solution to your problem but, unfortunately, we know that "money makes this system work", isn't it?
However, if the situation evolves differently, please, do not hesitate to contact us.
As you probably know, you may try our latest version of PaperScan for free for 30 days with technical support (Help desk) in order to make your own opinion and see if it may suits your needs: http://www.orpalis.com/products/paperscan/

I remain at your disposal should you have any questions.