PaperScan Home does not open

Technical Support for PaperScan.
eileenh

PaperScan Home does not open

Post by eileenh » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:26 pm

Hi,

I have installed PaperScan Home on to a Windows 10 1803 workstation. The MFC is a Brother MFC L9550CDW. Unfortunately, PaperScan does not open and leaves the following error in the Windows Application log. Has anybody exerpeicend this before ? I have also tried uninstall and re-installing several times.

Application: PaperScan.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
at LibZ.Bootstrap.LibZResolver..cctor()

Exception Info: System.TypeInitializationException
at LibZ.Bootstrap.LibZResolver.RegisterAllResourceContainers(System.Type)
at ᜓ.ᜁ()
at ᜓ.ᜃ()
at <Module>..cctor()

Exception Info: System.TypeInitializationException

The other error is

Faulting application name: PaperScan.exe, version: 3.0.0.67, time stamp: 0x5b0d2bcf
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17134.1, time stamp: 0x149ab0fd
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0010d722
Faulting process id: 0x1940
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3fa5ae63cfc18
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ORPALIS\PaperScan 3 Home Edition\PaperScan.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 3de39eb8-cf50-4c54-b6c3-410af944d87c
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Coralie

Re: PaperScan Home does not open

Post by Coralie » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:12 pm

Hello eileenh,

We are sad to hear you are having difficulties with opening Paperscan. As you have submitted a ticket, this information you have provided would be best if you give us an image of your error of what happens when you try to launch paperscan and of the logs. This will be useful for us to investigate further into the issue. Answer with all of this in your ticket please.

We will be waiting for your answer. Have a nice day and hopefully your issue gets rapidly fixed.

Best Regards,
Coralie

eileenh

Post by eileenh » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:15 pm

Thank you Coralie. There is no screen shot to send. I double click the Paperscan icon and nothing happens. The only reason I know its loaded and failed is because of the Windows logs. Is there a specific log file Paperscan has its own directory I could send to you? Thanks again for your help.

Coralie

Post by Coralie » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:06 pm

In order to be able to assist you, could you attach the log file in the ticket you submitted previously please? Regarding what you already have provided above, the information may be incomplete. We will transfer your issue to our development team. We apologize for the inconvenience and we hope to be able to provide a solution as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Coralie