TIF Saving Issue and B/W Scanning as Negatives

Technical Support for PaperScan.
bkuehn

TIF Saving Issue and B/W Scanning as Negatives

Post by bkuehn » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:17 pm

- Fujitsu fi-6670A
- Microsoft XP and Windows 7 -32bit
- PaperScan Pro 2.0

Currently, we have an issue with the TIF files that are being generated from your software. When we scan in Grayscale, 200dpi and we are saving as multi-page TIFs with separator pages. The images save properly and separate without an issue. However, the compression style used on these saved images is then in "LZW Compression" format. This format is apparently copyrighted and is not allowing us to open them within our software.

When we try to use a different setting which we would actually rather use (Black and White) at 200dpi we have an issue with the scans showing up as negatives (all black and some white). When we save these files as TIF images they are saved as "CCITT T.6 format" which works when we import into our software system. Of course, they show up as negatives which will not be sufficient for business use.

We use this software for a few portions of our business but they are critical to scan and get into our software for our clients. We have tried multiple PCs, multiple scanners (same model) and cannot figure out a solution. If you can please take a look into why these images are saving in a strange compression form(LZW) or why the Black/White scan setting creates negative images I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ben

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: TIF Saving Issue and B/W Scanning as Negatives

Post by Loïc » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:01 pm

Hello,

This problem has been fixed in a recent release. Please update to the latest.
Here the download link: http://www.orpalis.com/products/paperscan/download/

With best regards,

Loïc

bkuehn

Post by bkuehn » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:05 am

Hello,

Thank you for the update on the issue noted here. The compression and negative issues were both fixed!

Of course, now that this issue has been resolved. Our bar-code separator stopped working. I have attached our bar-code separator to this post. It is a 3 of 9 code.

I have literally tried every single setting possible and cannot get it to properly separate sheets. Our goal is to scan batches of multiple counts in B/W at 300dpi by using a bar-code to separate into different .TIF files. (Defiantly open to other settings if they work.) No matter what I change on the type of scan or the bar-code settings, I still receive the same bursting results of getting single or 2 page TIF files when really we should have 3-10 pages in a file.

Thanks for your continued support!
Attachments
Detroit Cover Page.jpg
Bar-code (Normally a PDF.)
Detroit Cover Page.jpg (91.47 KiB) Viewed 12202 times
settings.jpg
Settings
settings.jpg (102.71 KiB) Viewed 12202 times

bkuehn

Post by bkuehn » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:02 pm

Any update on the issue we are experiencing with Barcode separation not working after the update?

Thank you,
Ben

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:38 pm

Hello Ben,

Sorry for the delay. I don't clearly understand what the problem is. Could you try to clarify?
By the way, the best is to create a new thread for each issue so our staff will be more efficient on support.

If the problem is about bad multipage document splitting on page separator inside PaperScan we will need your input documents to investigate. Basically just save everything in the queue as single page PNG files, zip everything and share the result with us. If there is confidential issue just reach us through http://support.orpalis.com

With best regards,

Loïc

James017

Post by James017 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:57 pm

When I try to launch Paperscan Scanner Software 1.8.8 Free Edition, it gets out the following warning:????

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:29 pm

Hello James

Note that the current version of PaperScan is version 3.
You can download our new version here: http://www.orpalis.com/products/papersc ... n-free.php
It really may help with some "bugs" you can possibly meet from previous versions.

Have a nice day!