New Feature Request - Date stamp suffix

Feature Requests for PaperScan.
wchalloner

New Feature Request - Date stamp suffix

Post by wchalloner » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:27 pm

Hi.

I am wondering if you could implement a date stamp that automatically appends itself to a scanned file?

For example, we have multiple items of post that are scanned daily, and we would like each scan to have an automatic file name, something like:

(Configurable filename here)_dd.mm.yy.###.PDF - Where ### could indicate the number of items scanned. So for example if you had scanned 30 items on the same day the filename for the first scanned item would read something like:

(Configurable filename here)_dd.mm.yy.001.PDF

and the filename for the 30th scanned item would read:

(Configurable filename here)_dd.mm.yy.030.PDF

Thank you for your consideration,

Regards

Will Challoner

jfcarbel

Re: New Feature Request - Date stamp suffix

Post by jfcarbel » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:43 am

I also like this suggestion. I was doing taxes this week and was looking into the ability to use only digital receipts and checked the IRS website. Its allowed but they indicate that the receipts need to indicate the date the scan took place.
It would also be nice if there was a option to turn on that would also put this information into the image itself as PDF tag metadata or JPG IPTC metadata with scan date.

I believe PDF provides a basic property called "Creation Date" that could be set automatically by the software during the save process.

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:58 pm

Hello,

This feature has been implemented in PaperScan 1.5.0.

Download link: http://www.orpalis.com/products/paperscan/
History of changes: http://www.orpalis.com/products/paperscan/history/
date_pattern.jpg
Specifying date stamp in file name
date_pattern.jpg (23.6 KiB) Viewed 26652 times
Hope this helps !

jfcarbel

Post by jfcarbel » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:31 pm

I do like this feature and the fact you provide so much flexibility in the formatting. Thanks for this.

I would still also like though that by default the image (jpeg) or pdf has the image scan date written as metadata to file itself as well. In the future users may want to take advantage of document management programs, including your own upcoming paperlight product. And having this written to every file with no extra work for the user makes all their document files more searchable by document management programs. This probably would not be alot of effort to write this single meta data field (I think creation date) to the file's metadata.

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:28 pm

Hello

From PaperScan Professional version 3, a preset annotations support allows you to create a preset annotation with automatic text such as a date, time or page number.
May I suggest you to download our latest version and try it as the Trial is totally free for 30 days with technical support (Help desk and dedicated forum of course).
Here is a direct download link: http://www.orpalis.com/products/papersc ... an-pro.php

Please, feel free to contact me if you have any further questions and do not hesitate to continue to share your feedback about PaperScan.
They are always welcome ;)