If you encounter a TWAIN acquisition problem with a device (scanner, digital camera or capture card), please follow these steps in order to get support.
- Check you are using the latest version of the PaperScan Edition you are using. See: http://www.orpalis.com/products/paperscan/
- Check you are using the latest TWAIN driver's version of your device.
- If your device can be controlled by both WIA bridge from Microsoft & the TWAIN driver of the supplier, you have to use the TWAIN driver (else you will have problems to control the document feeder).
- Try another TWAIN Data Source Manager (available since PaperScan 1.4.8). Select Options / Extras / Data Source Manager (select 1.9 or System for example).
If your problem persists, please follow these steps:
1- Create a new support case in http://support.orpalis.com/Tickets/Submit or a new thread in this forum (depending on your edition)
2- Give us the exact device reference IE: CANON DR 9080C, and the TWAIN driver (including version) you are using IE: DR-9080C ISIS/TWAIN driver version 1.3 for Windows 98, Me, NT 4.0, 2000 and XP
3- Give us your operating system version. IE: Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit
4- Provide the two required log files: (1) Data Source Manager log and (2) PaperScan log (see bellow)
(1) Instruction to get the Data Source Manager Log:
Right click "My Computer" | Properties | Advanced | Environment Variables
in "User variables for yourname", New
variable name: TWAINDSM_LOG
Variable value: %temp%\twain2.log
Ok | Ok | Ok
(2) Instruction to get the PaperScan Log
- Run PaperScan.
- Type CTRL + D.
- In menu select Debug -> TWAIN Log.
- Select the destination for for the log.
- Click OK.
- Then reproduce your problem in order to get the problem reflected within the log.