Is there a way to scan a 2-sided document?

Frequently Asked Questions about PaperScan.
x6ujxr

Is there a way to scan a 2-sided document?

Post by x6ujxr » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:08 am

Using the Acquisition Wizard, I see only two choices to acquire a page, i.e., using the document feeder or the flatbed. Is there any way I can use the document feeder and be able to read in both sides of a two-sided document to be scanned, rather than having to turn the page over and scan it twice to get the reverse side to scan? This becomes quite cumbersome if I want to scan a multiple page, two-sided document.

Lisa

Re: Is there a way to scan a 2-sided document?

Post by Lisa » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:01 pm

Hello,

Sorry for the delay.
The option "Duplex scanning" that you can find and check in "Start Wizard" does allow you to scan two-sided documents, but only if your scanner offers you the possibility to do that.

x6ujxr

Post by x6ujxr » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:58 pm

My scanner does offer that feature, but for some reason it no longer works. More importantly, PaperScan only intermittently allows documents to be fed into my scanner from the tray, rather than the flatbed. Sometimes it works, but at least half the time it doesn't. What if anything can be done? I know I am loading it the same way, but it just isn't reliable.

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:24 pm

Hello

Your driver may be the cause of your issue.
PaperScan needs an up-to-date driver (preferably TWAIN or WIA) to work fully.
May I suggest you to follow the steps as describe in this topic from this forum, here: twain-acquisition-issues-t214.html and to let me know if you still encounter this issue with the document feeder and duplex scanning feature?.

Thank you

tahir77

Post by tahir77 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:30 pm

More importantly, PaperScan only intermittently allows documents to be fed into my scanner from the tray, rather than the flatbed. Sometimes it works, but at least half the time it doesn't. What if anything can be done? I know I am loading it the same way, but it just isn't reliable.????

https://www2.fmovies.flim/

Hugo

Post by Hugo » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:34 pm

Hello tahir77,

This is sounds indeed abnormal however could you provide screenshots of how it shows on your screen. Please describe the specific issue and the process you follow so we can start working on it if it is indeed unintended behavior of the software. If you could submit it by creating a ticket it would be preferable so you can attach the screenshots of the issue and so we may gather more information such as the brand of your scanner as it malfunctionning could be potentially the root of the problem. You can submit a ticket here: https://support.orpalis.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit