How to use the latest version?

Frequently Asked Questions about PaperScan.
Elodie

How to use the latest version?

Post by Elodie » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:42 am

Hello,

If you have an old version of paperScan and wish to upgrade to the latest one available, here is what you need to do:

- first desinstall you old version of PaperScan from your computer
- go to the PaperScan page at http://www.orpalis.com/products/paperscan/
- download your PaperScan Edition

You can see on this page the new functionalities of each version:

http://www.orpalis.com/products/paperscan/history/

Cheers!

Elodie

nevergetany

Re: How to use the latest version?

Post by nevergetany » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:17 am

I did install the version 1.8. However, I found that version 1.5 is 10,000,000X times better. When they made version 1.8 they made you delete prior versions and did not disclose IMPORTANT information. I found that version 1.8, to my horror, did not scan and save in color, whereas version 1.5 did. They should have put a CAUTIONARY WARNING SAYING: CAUTION THIS VERSION DOES NOT SCAN AND SAVE IN COLOR, IT ONLY SCANS AND SAVES IN BLACK AND WHITE. If they had of put that warning in, it would of saved me the time in downloading it, and the frustration of finding out I could not use it. I then looked on the net for version 1.5, but could not find it. Fortunately, I found in my archives version 1.5 installation program. So I unistalled version 1.8 and reinstalled version 1.5. I can now scan and save in color, which for me is very important.[/color][/b]

If scanning and saving in color is NOT important to you, then upgrade to the new and "improved" version 1.8. For those of you who scanning and saving in COLOR is important, then keep your 1.5 version until such time they make an upgrade that once again will scan and save in color.][/b]

Elodie

Post by Elodie » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:38 pm

Hello,

When you launch the assistant/wizard, you need to select the mode by choosing the option "color" like shown in the screenshot below.

This should resolve your problem.

Regards,

Elodie
Attachments
demo1.jpg
demo1.jpg (140.58 KiB) Viewed 19845 times

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:09 pm

Dear Jerry Gibson,

Your assertion is wrong.
We have never removed color support, this would have been a total nonsense...
Obviously you are doing something wrong. I would have hoped that, as a notary, you would have the etiquette to check this affirmation before defaming our products on different public places...
We do a lot of efforts to develop, maintain and support for free this Software edition. Please try to take it into consideration!

Loïc Carrère