Scan records only part of a page

Technical Support for PaperScan.
Damihyph

Scan records only part of a page

Post by Damihyph » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:28 am

I have been using PaperScan Scanner Software Home Edition V 3.0.62 (on a Windows 10 computer) for several months and it has been working fine. Recently it is only scanning about 1/4 page then it stops. What can I do get it t scan a whole page again?

Hugo

Re: Scan records only part of a page

Post by Hugo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:01 pm

Have you made sure your Paper size value is the right one for your pages? This option can be found both be found in the acquisition wizard (clicking Acquire>Start Wizard>Paper size) and in your scanner's settings (clicking Acquire>Start Wizard>Advanced device options>Paper size).

Make sure to update your Paperscan version to our latest version. Click on Software updates in the General tab of Paperscan.

Damihyph

Post by Damihyph » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:18 am

The page size I want is A4. The options in the dropdown list in the acquisition wizard (clicking Acquire>Start Wizard>Paper size) include lots of sizes (including A5, A6, … A10,ISO B5,... US Letter, …) but not A4. I believe I was scanning with A4 page size previously - this option seems to have disappeared. How can I get it back?

Hugo

Post by Hugo » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:39 pm

The dropdown list in the acquisition wizard contains all the options your scanner supports. The procedure consists of manually going to get this data in your device's properties. If you do not see it as of right now and have used it in the past then I suggest you update your scanner's drivers.
In the meantime you can scan into a custom size (A4 being 210 x297 cm) or, scan into a larger size and then batch crop all the pages so you may define your own borders.
If this option was there previously then there is no reason unless your scanner is not up to date for A4 not to appear in the list now.