Problem with Paper Scan

Technical Support for PaperScan.
logoexpert

Problem with Paper Scan

Post by logoexpert » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:55 pm

Hi,
I have been using Paper Scan Free Edition more than 4 mounths with no problems. Since a week I have the following problem:
The program scan the page, but could not download and convert the scaned page into the file on the PC.
Scanner : UTAX/TA CD1018/DC2018 - it is MFP.
I am using the latest version for TWAIN Drivers and Paper Scan (1.6.0.1)
Thank you in advance and congratulationce for the program - it is really usefull and with intuitive interface.
I hope give me an advice to troubleshoot.

Cedric

Re: Problem with Paper Scan

Post by Cedric » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:25 am

Hello

First of all, thanks for your kind words, we are glad to hear that our product fits your needs :)
Sorry for the delay, we are under a heavy workload lately and we're trying our best to support our users.
Can you tell us more about the problem ?
When you say "the program scan the page but could not download and convert the scanned page into the fie on the PC" do you have some error message or something ?
Since everything was working a week ago, what could have changed on your computer since ?

logoexpert

Post by logoexpert » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:49 am

Hello,
There is no error message or something. The program just could not download and convert the page. The problem began more then a mounth but at first it was rarely, then more often and a week ago i could not scan any page. I have nothing changed on my computer except installed the Photo Shop and switched off the automatic updates and the Fire wall on Windows.
If you want I can make a video recorder of the monitor and send you to see the problem.
Thank you.

Cedric

Post by Cedric » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:23 pm

Hi,

I can't understand what your problem is, please make a video of what is happening for us to understand.
Thank you.

logoexpert

Post by logoexpert » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:19 pm

The previous problem is fixed but i have a new one. As you see on the following pictures, the page which is scanned is cutted on the right side. I could not change any settings on the program. Please help me to fix this problem.
Thank you in advance

http://alfa.kachi-snimka.info/images/rgh1348165250m.JPG
http://alfa.kachi-snimka.info/images/opt1348165272w.JPG

Cedric

Post by Cedric » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:35 am

Hello,

The problem is not from PaperScan, the problem is on the driver side. Try to modify the "Original size" combo list to select the actual size of the paper you want to scan (maybe try A4). It should be right with the correct size.

logoexpert

Post by logoexpert » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:50 pm

Thank you for the immediate answer. Unfortunatelly I can not save the changes in the driver. When I modify the "Original size" to the A4 or something else the next time when i try to scan, the settings are came back into this position - http://alfa.kachi-snimka.info/images/opt1348165272w.JPG.
Could you help me how to save the changes on the driver.
Thank you in advance.

Cedric

Post by Cedric » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:56 pm

I'm sorry but we can't provide support for scanner drivers. You should contact the manufacturer.