First of all, I would like to commend your continuous effort to make this wonderful application even better
As I am using it frequently, I find it very useful for my everyday work (scanning tons of paper)
I have a few suggestions to improve PaperScan:
1. Preview function, an absolute must for every modern scanning application
- I should be able to set cropping range and contrast/whatever before the scan and not to try and fix it afterwards
2. Suppressing of Dialog/warning windows (boxes)
- It would be nice if (after setting) dialog boxes never appeared again!
This is very annoying. I should not be bothered with always-repeating question "Are you sure to exit?"
(which btw is not even gramatically correct, it should be "Are you sure you want to exit (paperscan)" or "Are you sure you want to close (paperscan)" - these forms are correct)
Again when deleting images - "Are you sure to remove current image?" (which should be "Are you sure you want to remove the current image?") which is really bothersome
Same goes for "Page(s) have been succefully saved in JPEG format" (it is successfully) and "Do you want to remove the saved pages?". Get rid of it or at least give an option to peramanently disable them
So what am I aming at here is to implement the option to suppress warnings/dialogs completely if possible (anyone who knows what he's doing shouldn't need those warnings/dialogs anyway)
- I don't know if this is a WIA limitation (I don't have a TWAIN compatible scanner), but everytime when I need to scan another document, I need to click on the "Acquire image..." button (there should at least be a keyboard shortcut for this) and wait for the dialog box to pop open (this dialog should open always at program's start but not everytime when I need to scan something) and, if everything is set, click on the acquire again!
What am I saying is you should make it possible for anyone to set contrast/cropping size/auto-deskew... once and then just press acquire (or a keyboard shortcut) when they want to scan and for every other document inserted into the scanner, operation should be the same: insert paper > click acquire (a keyboard button), insert a new paper > click acquire
and not the current: insert paper > click acquire image... > click acquire, insert a new paper > click acquire image... > click acquire
I believe you can see what is the problem here - constant dialogue/warning boxes slow productivity and should be avoided or at least cut down to minimum
4. Improvement of saving function
- It is nice that we now have the "Multipage options" which is very useful but should be improved
For instance, when I try to save a 5 pages document as separate jpeg files, I don't have the ability to turn off that annoying "Add Post-Name" box or to at least have an option to define every scanned (saved) file's name
For example, I could define the name as a number and every saved file should have a corresponding string: 1,2,3... (1.jpg, 2.jp, 3.jpg...) or to give a letter and a number as a defined name of the file: a1, a2, a3... (this I can do but only if there are no more than 9 pages). What I would like is to not have to add any name when saving documents (I have to add .jpg in order to save all files as 1.jpg, 2.jpg, 3.jpg but previously I have to have in "Add Post-Name" box numbers 1 and 1 - why?! That box should be disabled if I choose to and name should be given according to my desires and not only have an option to have a date as file name or anything that I write but is then "modified" by the "Add Post-Name" function)
I hope it is fairly understandable what is it that I am suggesting. I believe many would find these improvements (features) useful. I know I would
I hope you'll continue to work on improving this wonderful app and that you will at least consider my requests - after all, it is in both of our interests
Keep up the good work and good luck!
(The better you treat your customers - the higher their oppinion of you will be, which will in return bring in more customers, which equals more money, which of course is the point of making the application in the first place!)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests