Feature requests

Feature Requests for PaperScan.
jgeys

Feature requests

Post by jgeys » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:40 am

Hi all,

first of all, congratulations for the great work achieved up to here. This is the most complete multi-platform version that I've found so far. I'm considering using it in our company environment but I'd like to suggest a few requests that are linked to the ease of use for multiple documents processing:

Temporary directory:
could the user define the directory where the scans are stored before being processed.

Undo:
if files are deleted by mistake, could we have an undo function?

Annotations:
I can't seem to find how to edit the text of a rubber stamp

"Clear current image list" pop-up:
in the way I'm starting to use PaperScan, I'm digitalizing a bunch of documents and then process them one by one form the list. I'm only interested in removing the page, or set of pages, that I've just processed. To do so, I have to answer "no" to the question "Do you want to clear current image list?", and then select each page that I want to delete, individually, and remove it. As "Yes" is selected by default, I'm also running the risk to see all my scans disappear, which is not very convenient.
I would find it more useful to have a question like "Clear checked pages from list?"

Remove option:
in the toolbar, I would find it more useful to have a cross symbol to remove the checked pages rather than the one selected

Saving Wizard:
It would be useful to have the wizard remember the latest option checked in the multipage option

I hope that those comments will be helpful for the future releass of the product.

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Feature requests

Post by Loïc » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Hello,
Annotations:
I can't seem to find how to edit the text of a rubber stamp
After you added the annotation, right-click on it and select properties menu. This will display a new form permitting to fully customize the annotation appearance.
annotations_properties.png
Customizing Annotation Appearance
annotations_properties.png (311.11 KiB) Viewed 9790 times

"Clear current image list" pop-up:
in the way I'm starting to use PaperScan, I'm digitalizing a bunch of documents and then process them one by one form the list. I'm only interested in removing the page, or set of pages, that I've just processed. To do so, I have to answer "no" to the question "Do you want to clear current image list?", and then select each page that I want to delete, individually, and remove it. As "Yes" is selected by default, I'm also running the risk to see all my scans disappear, which is not very convenient.
I would find it more useful to have a question like "Clear checked pages from list?"
OK, this will be implemented in the next 1.4.6 release (will be published within 5 days).
It would be useful to have the wizard remember the latest option checked in the multipage option
Will be also implemented in the next 1.4.6 release.

Hope this helps !

Kind regards,

Loïc

lonrdkelvin

Post by lonrdkelvin » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:11 am

It would be nice for the user to be able to define his own quick scan settings.
You can easily check out our high quality learnspanishtoday which burrito builder game prepares you Grammar well for the You can also get success in real with the qualitywww.rasmussen.edu

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:09 pm

Hello !

Sorry for the delay.
This option will be integrated into the new version of PaperScan (PaperScan version 3) which is due very soon.
I hope it will best serve your needs.

Please do not hesitate to contact me.