1. I always receive 65536 when trying quick scan, which does not expose the the hp interface and one of them after the first page with the wizard, either flatbed or document feeder. In short, I can only scan 1 page for each session of ps.
2. I have tried various options like keep scanner session open and something in tools\extras as suggested in replies to other posts. I can't get the exact options right now because ps is frozen and I will have to reboot, destroying this message.
3. ps is not completely stable either as noted above. It leaves an instance of svchost that must be removed with taskman before restarting. I have no other apps that create such instability.
4. I can scan using both paperport 5 and xerox pagis pro 3, but these are ancient applications that I want to replace! I will purchase at least home if free can be demonstrated to work.
5. I have tried the ps editing tools and find them to be a good combination of the above apps which I find both are necessary to do what I need. Please see if ps can be made to work.
Sorry for the late reply.
First of all, may I suggest you to download our latest version of PaperScan?
PaperScan 3 always has three editions: Free, Home and Professional and you can try our two commercial editions for free for 30 days if you wish.
Here is a direct link: http://www.orpalis.com/products/paperscan/download/
Just click on "Download Trial" under the edition of your choice.
Regarding your error message, that may be caused by a few things including in that particular case, old drivers.
To work flawlessly, PaperScan needs an up-to-date driver.
If your device can be controlled by both WIA bridge from Microsoft and the TWAIN driver of the supplier, choose the TWAIN driver, else you will have problems to control the document feeder.
You can find it on your scanner's brand website.
Here is a topic from this Forum where you can find information about acquisition issues: twain-acquisition-issues-t214.html
Please, feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests