Page Size

Technical Support for PaperScan.
mwhite

Page Size

Post by mwhite » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:01 am

Is there a way to change the page size when Acquiring an image? Mine defaults to 8 1/2 x 14 (the maximum size of the scanner) but I would like to be able to select 8 1/2 x 11 so that I do not have to crop images. Samsung SCX-4725FN, Win XP SP3, PaperScan Free.

Thanks.

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Page Size

Post by Loïc » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:53 pm

Hi,

This is currently possible when acquiring using TWAIN protocol:
- File / Acquire Image...
- In the displayed window, select "Advanced Device Options.." button.

Hope this helps !

Kind regards,

Loïc

vasileios

Post by vasileios » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:49 pm

I have the same problem, but the Advanced Device Option does not work (it is not high-lighted).

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:46 pm

Hello,

This feature has been fixed in PaperScan 1.4.

You can define a region of scan using the WIA protocol: In the scanning wizard, just click the button "..." near the page size. See attached screenshot.
WIA-pagesize.png
Page size customization with WIA
WIA-pagesize.png (51.67 KiB) Viewed 11099 times
Kind regards,

Loïc

sebthemonster

Post by sebthemonster » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:26 pm

I have the same problem as @vasileios.
I'm using a TWAIN driver and a scanner which it scans in many format like A4 and A3. But I can choose the paper size because the "adavanced options" button is disabled.
Can you help me ?

tasgolf72

Post by tasgolf72 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:42 am

I have the same problem at @vasileios as well as @sebthemonster. I can get the "advanced options" to work on some installs and on other installs it never appears. What would be really ideal is if anyone knows how to change the default setting to always set to a certain size (i.e. 8.5"x11") by DEFAULT. Can this be changed in the registry anywhere...also would like to change the default "Save as type" to TIFF instead of the default of PDF. Can either of these settings be changed either in the program or in the registry settings? We scan a mass amount of paper and to have to go into advanced options to change the paper size each time (if we can figure out on the machines that it doesn't work on how to get the box to appear) and it is a massive time constraint to have to go change it each time. Thanks for any help or guidance anyone might be able to provide!!

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:06 pm

Hello there,

@sebthemonster, If the "adavanced options" button is unactivated it is because your TWAIN driver doesn't provide GUI to control device parameters. Into a future release we will try to implement the Image layout configuration for TWAIN drivers.

@tasgolf72, I answered to your ticket on the helpdesk. Please try to don't duplicate the same support request on forum & helpdesk.

Kind regards,

Loïc

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:35 pm

Hi,

PS 1.4.4 has been released with the desired improvements.

See change log: http://www.orpalis.com/products/paperscan/history/

Kind regards,

Loïc