Auto Loading of Filename when editing a tiff or other file

Feature Requests for PaperScan.
jayemm

Auto Loading of Filename when editing a tiff or other file

Post by jayemm » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:08 pm

Hi,

We are using PaperScan for cropping thousands of tiffs that were scanned some years ago. It would be great when we load the tiff into PaperScan, if it would auto load the filename as well, so that we don't have to manually re-enter or copy/paste the filename...

Here are some images to help you get the idea. Here is how we are using Paperscan to edit and crop existing images. Partial view of existing images is on the right...

Once we drag an image into the left portion of the work area (where thumbnails are displayed), it is opened by Paperscan:

We proceed to do some cropping to the pages of the multi-page TIFF:

When done cropping, I would like to save the image to a DIFFERENT location, but UNFORTUNATELY, the filename has to be MANUALLY typed or copied in, wasting time, and enabling typing errors...

I think automatically loading the filename would be a great feature, and you could add a check box in the SETTINGS (Under Saving options>Miscellaneous) that would correspond to this functionality. It could be titled, "Load filename when editing existing files."

Thanks much for your consideration. So far I have enjoyed using Paperscan, and think this feature would be helpful to many others besides myself...

Jay

Coralie

Re: Auto Loading of Filename when editing a tiff or other file

Post by Coralie » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:36 pm

Hello jay,

We thank you for taking the time to submit feedback. Concerning your issue we understand how this can be inconvenient for what you are trying to do. Although this may not directly solve your issue, you can still save multiple files at the same time and utilize the "add a suffix" feature under the filename input allowing you to not have to save your files 1 by 1. This will default the main name of the files though adding numbers at the end of the new filenames created to differenciate one file from another. With this sadly you will not be able to keep the filenames you had before. The dev team will be made aware of your issue and we hope to offer you a fix soon enough.

With appreciation,
Coralie