Good and bad points about PaperScan Home v3.x

Find out what other people think about PaperScan!
karimsisi

Good and bad points about PaperScan Home v3.x

Post by karimsisi » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:16 pm

I hope my feedback helps in improving PaperScan (all editions (Free, Home, and Professional))

Good points:
1. Smallest scanned PDF size of all software I have used so far, without any loss in quality.
2.Very accurate de-skewing for black and white documents.
3. Excellent de-speckling for black and white documents.
4. Easy to use desktop design requiring little training.

Bad points:
1. [Pro Edition] Lacks batch de-speckling. It is an extremely time-saving feature when scanning many similar pages from an ADF.
2. [Home Edition] Lacks batch operations of any kind. Again, an extremely time-saving feature when scanning many pages from an ADF.

Allow me to elaborate a little on this point. I wish all batch operations would be available in the Home edition because even home users scan multiple pages from ADF; it is not a requirement unique to companies, such as saving to a SharePoint server. Can you imagine how time- and effort-consuming it is when I need to scan 10 pages from the ADF and then have to de-skew and de-speckle each and every page one at a time?

Moreover, I, as a home user, can't afford to pay $150 for the Pro Edition just to save time to have batch operations. What makes matters worse is that not all functions are available in batch operations such as de-speckling. When the trial verion of PaperScan Pro ends, I will have to make a choice; either use the free edition of PaperScan but waste time and effort on de-skewing and de-speckling each and every page manually. Or, use a competitor's software that offers batch operations for all functions but put up with the bigger file size and worse de-speckling. I believe the choice is clear. If the Home edition has full batch operations for all features, then my choice would have been clear and I would have bought it right after the trial ends.

One final note, I commend you on making a free edition, albeit with limited features, and expect it will help spread PaperScan and gain market share in the long run.

Hugo

Re: Good and bad points about PaperScan Home v3.x

Post by Hugo » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:22 am

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Batch de-speckling has been added to our Pro Edition of Paperscan due to your suggestion.
The Home Edition will not feature these batch features however so to use them you will need to use the Pro Edition.

If you purchase Paperscan from one of our resellers you get 10% off.
Also we do ocassional discounts on our products during festive times and such. Stay tuned for these deals as they might be of interest to you.