Starting message "error"

You can report bugs found in PaperScan here.
cellist62

Starting message "error"

Post by cellist62 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:02 pm

Not really a bug just more of a sequence of odd events to my mind.

When I start the program from either the main executable or any shortcut to it the first thing that happens is an error box (No1.jpg, attached) appearing on the desktop. The text it provides is informing and not actually reporting any error. If I click on the OK box in the bottom right-hand corner of the message box it goes away immediately and at that point without pressing any key the program's main page appears. This happens every time I start PaperScan. To my mind It looks like it's scanning for device drivers at too early a stage and I cannot see any way at all to stop the message reappearing.

Operating System: Windows Vista Business edition.
PaperScan Professional edition v.3.0.54 registered version.

Regards
Marcus
To date this continues to occur in v.3.0 .59
Attachments
No1.jpg
No1.jpg (52.49 KiB) Viewed 23567 times

Hugo

Re: Starting message "error"

Post by Hugo » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:09 am

This is due to not detecting any devices upon launching the software. Do you have any devices linked to your computer such as scanner/printer?
This message however should not appear before the launch so can you please confirm you are still getting this error?

cellist62

Post by cellist62 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:40 am

I don't have any scanner or printer linked to my computer in any way.
That message does, however, appear before the launch and moreover it stays on the screen until either I click somewhere in it, click on the "OK" button or on the "close" caption button (ie. the 'X' button); only then does it close and the program then launches straightaway.

Regards,
Marcus
To date this continues to occur in v.3.0.78

Hugo

Post by Hugo » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:53 pm

We suppose when downloading Paperscan you are using it to scan documents therefore needing a scanner. To bypass this restriction you can download a virtual scanner (such as: https://sourceforge.net/projects/twain- ... %20Source/)
If you are not using Paperscan to scan then what are you using it for?

Are you able to use Paperscan after interacting with the options in this error message window?