Export/Import Scan Profiles and lockable profiles

Technical Support for PaperScan.
kerio

Export/Import Scan Profiles and lockable profiles

Post by kerio » Sun May 19, 2019 4:50 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have installed Paperscan Pro on win 7 already, can we have an export/import scan profiles function,
Because I want to setup locked profiles (users cannot edit them) and I can backup and deliver them to users sites easier,
Users only click on their own profile (teller profile, accountant profile ...) and scan (batch scan, store path, resolution, etc ...have configured)

Thank you very much,

Hugo

Re: Export/Import Scan Profiles and lockable profiles

Post by Hugo » Mon May 20, 2019 5:12 pm

Hi Kerio,
This will be submitted to our dev team and we will evaluate whether this feature should be implemented or not. Thanks for your feature suggestion.
Though could you please be more specific about what you want the "lockable profiles" to be able to do? Do you mean that you want to force the Paperscan software to act in one specific way? (By setting the options you want and locking them so that when someone uses Paperscan with this profile he can only choose from a limited amount of features?)

kerio

Post by kerio » Tue May 21, 2019 9:05 am

Hi Hugo,

Yes, we can set some parameters such as : scan device, resolution, auto rotate, clear blank page, batch scan or not, ... and lock them into specific profiles, force users following an assigned profile...and users cannot edit this profiles also,
For example : in case we don't force users by locked profile, they can scan document with big file size and this effect to organization's network performance ...

Beside that, users who don't have a lot of knowledge about IT, can use paperscan easily, no need more support from IT, and IT can backup / restore and deliver specific profiles to user's PC faster.

Hugo

Post by Hugo » Tue May 21, 2019 5:45 pm

Thanks for being more specific. Your feature is on our to-do list. I'll let you know here when it is fully functional and appears in one of our free minor versions.
We really appreciate the feedback so thank you.