"add a suffix" box is ticked everytime

Technical Support for PaperScan.
gavinw18

"add a suffix" box is ticked everytime

Post by gavinw18 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:01 am

G'day.
I'm using Windows 10 Pro, PaperScan Free version (at this stage) with an Avision Sheetfeed Scanner AV2200D2+
Problem I'm having - and more likely this will be operator error - is that the "add a suffix" box is ticked everytime I go to save a document. I don't need this feature turned on - is there a way to disable it permanently, please? I'm unable to untick it once I have started typing the filename or if the filename is preloaded from the last save - which it usually is.
Thanks.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (51.73 KiB) Viewed 30377 times

Hugo

Re: "add a suffix" box is ticked everytime

Post by Hugo » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:54 pm

Hi there,

This "add a suffix" is only forcefully ticked if you are saving multiple pages in Paperscan and are saving them all as "1 page per file". In order for our program to save them all at 1 page per file, the program needs to insure they all get saved with different filenames. You will be unable to untick this option if you are saving multiple pages and 1 page per file.
Our software allows you to control this feature and allow you to choose your suffix. Other softwares will automatically and forcefully name your files like this for example: "test.pdf", "test(2).pdf", "test(3).pdf".

gavinw18

Re: "add a suffix" box is ticked everytime

Post by gavinw18 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:18 am

Thank you for the prompt response - understood.